Galaxy Editor is the in-house level editor for Galaxy Cannon.
I was involved in the project during my time in Rubycell Entertainment (2011).
It features a fully WYSIWYG environment with the following features:
- Play test a level right in the editor
- Run on a tablet like iPad to preserve the feel of touch control
- Adjust an object’s collision mask
- Move, delete and copy an entire group of objects
- Backup levels to the company’s server
My role and contributions
I was largely responsible for most of the features in the editor including:
- GUI and interaction
- Serialization/deserialization system
- Network backup
- Corona engine: http://coronalabs.com/products/corona-sdk/