Beat rider is a music game where the game levels are generated from the player’s music library.
I contributed to this project during my time in Rubycell Entertainment (2014).
At the stage it is currently presented, it is only a prototype to show the capability of the audio analysis system.
Other vastly different modes of play are possible.
My role and contributions
- Research audio analysis methods and libraries
- Develop a graph-based audio processing framework which can be used from Lua scripts
- A prototype to demonstrates how raw numbers from the framework can be mapped to gameplay elements
- An in-house build tool which eases the process of multi-platform building
- Moai engine: http://getmoai.com/
- C/C++ for the audio processing plugin
- Lua for scripting
- Vim as the text editor
A generated track can goes up and down as well as sideway
In developer mode, audio features are visualized as graphs to help tuning game parameters